As always, the party cup overfloweth in SF as burners make their annual migration into the sea of funfur and sparklepants. Besides the great shindigs listed in the paper in this week's Super Ego nightlife column, here are a few more stones to throw at your Exodus hangover ...
Inimitably endearing drag mother Cookie Dough has been haulin' it out for almost a decade -- and we love her stable of sweet-fierce queens. This week at the Edge in the Castro, an "all-star" cast, including Heklina, Sue Casa, Ethel Merman, Landa Lakes, Fruitbomb, and many more let loose. Lipsync for all!
Thu/22, 9pm, $5. The Edge, 4149 18th St, SF. Facebook Invite
The upcoming Symbiosis Fest (Sept. 19-22) is a humdinger this year, with a star-packed lineup sure to draw attention beyond the lovely spiritual-aural yogic wanderers who make up its core base. Here's the pre-party with Droog, Ana Sia, Amirali, JoBot, and more.
Thu/22, 9pm-late, $15-$20. Public Works, 161 Erie, SF. www.publicsf.com
The Lights Down Low parties have been killing it forever, but even moreso lately -- I can hardly keep up with all their bookings! Aaaaand here comes another great one. Most folks claim that SMD is one of the best live acts going. Check the Brit duo out for yourself, as well as openers Curses! and Egyptrixx.
Fri/23,9pm-late, $20. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.mezzaninesf.com
Lately working in the Disclosure vein, this 21-year-old Australian cutie's best work also bridges the gap between the trip-hop revival and big-room boom-boom.
Sat/24, 8:30pm, $20. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.mezzaninesf.com
Um, who can resist this, based solely on flyer? "Human cat" and damn fine DJ Primo throws down a set of rockin' 45s -- dig into some fish and chips at the Castle and get down with your paws up.
Sat/24, 9pm, $3. Edinburgh Castle, 950 Geary, SF. Facebook invite
Outrageously fun 10-piece live contemporary disco band will steam up your glasses. Must be seen to be believed. But you may be too busy dancing to look up.
Sun/25, 8pm, $15. Mezzanine, 444 Jessie, SF. www.mezzaninesf.com
Most Commented On
- So true, about 80% of posts here are pure envy. - December 8, 2013
- I'm a little surprised to see - December 8, 2013
- We will not rest until every - December 8, 2013
- I disagree. Noise issues between any pair of neighbors is - December 8, 2013
- Over-paying workers only happens where the government - December 8, 2013
- Is this the "war on phones"? Curious. - December 8, 2013
- "Troll" is a word used here to describe anyone who holds a - December 8, 2013
- Almost everyone here is male. - December 8, 2013
- San Franciscans evidently love self-righteous, santimonious - December 8, 2013
- Mmm, yummy, quinoa with tofu. - December 8, 2013